Sunday, March 7

Mini Flight School


It was Monday morning and I was on Mini Flight School (MFS) duty. MFS is the children's equipping ministry of the Gateways community. I enjoy this time with the kids, but wasn't prepared for the deep revelation I would receive that morning. The lesson was about creation and I was talking to the kids on a very elementary level about how God made night so that we can sleep and light so that we can see to work and play. And then three year old Trace interjected with "And God made light so that we can have new days!" I was taken aback by his comment and the revelation that it held. How good of the Father! As a sign of His renewed mercies, He chose to make new days. He didn't have to make beautiful sunrises that illuminate horizons, but He knew that the human heart needs fresh starts and new beginnings. He knew that we would sin and feel the weight of it, so He chose to give us a picture to help us understand His washing us clean. The cycle of sin, repentance, forgiveness and sanctification is shown in night and the light of a new day. What if He had made just one, long, never ending day where all the good and the bad just piled on top of each other. No rest, no fresh start. He knows us too well to create such a world.


Every time I think I know how good He is, He is better still. And He choses to reveal His goodness to me through theologians and three year olds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment