Friday, April 23

In House Revival


According to our calendars, this week was supposed to be the busiest of the year for us. Several teachers and guests were scheduled to join us for the week, all of whom were unable to come due to the volcanic ash hovering over Europe - the leftovers from last week's eruption in Iceland. As we began receiving emails, one by one, that flights had been cancelled and plans changed, our expectation grew for what the Lord had in store. And then the question was posed, Why not an in house revival? Over the course of this amazing week, we have seen that when our lives are open and available for a move of God, He is faithful to come and meet with us. Many students were touched with the joy of the Holy Spirit, the love of God and tears of intercession during the six to seven hour "morning worship times." There was also a wave of repentance that came when the revelation of God's love motivated us to more purely care for one another with an uncommon love. Lunch breaks and time tables became unimportant, because we were in the presence of God. Community member, Jeff Collins, stepped in as the teacher for this week, but often acted more as the facilitator of what God wanted to do, clearing a way for the Holy Spirit to freely come. When Jeff did speak, his topics included: the leading of the Holy Spirit, how we need to develop a sensitivity to His presence and that fear of grieving the Holy Spirit should far outweigh any fear of man. As the world around us fell into the chaos of the volcano's aftermath, we, a small community of burning ones in the mountains of Cyprus chose a different response. The outcome of that choice was an outbreak of Heaven in our midst. May we never be the same.


Here is one student's testimony from this week:


I had so much expectation for this week because our teachers weren't able to come. We all wanted to encounter God and have a deep move of the Holy Spirit. The Lord spoke to me and came with such a tangible reality in my body and heart, pouring out His joy. I am full of His joy! Even when we're praying for someone else, I grab the blessing for myself as well, not choosing to be a spectator. This week, a door opened in me for intercession for others, because it's also a blessing for me. One day I was laying on the floor and said "Lord, I can't make it happen." and He said, "No you can't. Why don't you just give everything to me and let me lead?" This school is not about a season for me - it's about a lifestyle. Just to know that I am His and He is mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment