Monday, April 19

Streams Girl


I have absolutely loved working on the Streams in the Desert events this year. Not only has it been stimulating for the side of me that loves to plan and organize things, but it has deepened my heart for this island as well. It is my third year living here and praying for Cyprus. I see that God has a divine purpose for this place and these people, but connecting on a deeper level hasn't always come easily for me. I've pressed through in intercession because I know that it's true, not so much because I feel it all in my heart. But at the last Streams event, God did something in me for Cyprus that I've never felt before. I know that I will carry this nation with me in intercession for the rest of my life. I consider it one of my biggest privileges to get to know the believers here. Because my job is very hands on emailing people the answers their inquiries and making announcements at our worship gatherings, I've begun to build relationships with these people, putting names and stories with the faces. And they've gotten to know me as well. Many will come up to me at an event and ask, "Are you the Chelsea from the emails?" Or if they see me somewhere else, they'll say "Oh, you're the Streams girl!" I love that. I love getting to know these precious people. I see what an honor it is and am so grateful for this opportunity.


0 comments:

Post a Comment