Friday, January 6

How would you like to join my Purpose Driven Life?

A couple of weeks ago, a co-worker asked me if I had found "the love of my life" yet.  I informed him that I had not and explained that I'm trusting God to divinely ordain that situation.  Additionally, I explained to him that I have pretty high standards.  I want to spend my life with someone who wants to live the same kind of international, faith lifestyle I do - committed to fighting injustice and shining Jesus' glorious light.  Aware of my extreme moral convictions, my unbelieving co-worker looked at me quizzically and matter-of-factly replied "Geez, you're never gonna find anyone."

Thankfully, his words did not pierce, but simply afforded me a good laugh.  It's true, to a world who has not known the beautiful and faithful love of my Father, my romantic future may look bleak.  But in my heart, there is perfect peace. 

Let's just hope that when God does bring my husband along, that he NEVER uses one of these pick-up lines!  Yikes!
  

I just don't feel called to celibacy.

For you, I would slay two Goliaths.

You are so unblemished that I would sacrifice you.

At points in my life I have been referred to as Samson.

The word says "Give drink to those who are thirsty, and feed the hungry"  How about dinner?

I didn't believe in predestination until tonight. 
(personal favorite)

I believe one of my ribs belongs to you.

I can be your Boaz.

My spiritual gift is my good looks.

Is this the transfiguration.. because you are glowing.

Mark Driscoll takes up 35% of my ipod memory. 
(I would actually be OK with this...)

I have many sponsor children - one in each developing nation.

Now I know why Solomon had 700 wives... because he never met you.

Is that a thinline, duo-tone, compact, ESV Bible in your pocket? 
(I have that Bible!)

How many times do I have to walk around you to make you fall for me?

How would you like to join my Purpose Driven Life?

Let me remove my sandals before I come any closer.

Feel free to meet me at the threshing floor.
 
I have a bible verse tattoo.  It's permanent.  It's also in ancient Greek.

Have you died before?  Because that looks like a resurrection body to me.

I mentioned you in my testimony.


Laughter is the best medicine...

0 comments:

Post a Comment