Wednesday, August 26

Face to Face with Destiny



Have you ever had one of those moments where you feel like you've come face to face with your destiny? Like you are suddenly struck with the reality that the opportunity that lies in front of you is what you were created to do at this point in history? It's a pretty awesome feeling and I had one this week.

Since moving to Israel, I have had a lot of trouble sleeping. I think that it's probably a combination of the heat, the mosquitoes, my mattress and the spiritual atmosphere of this city. On the nights that I can't sleep I normally lie awake in silence until I can't take it any longer, and then I decide that if I'm going to be up in the middle of the night, I might as well do something productive. I return emails, read, or listen to a teaching. I had one such this past week. I was able to pick up one bar of wifi signal in my room from our neighbors - this in and of itself is quite the feat. I opened up my browser and soon found myself on a website reading about an internship opportunity here in Israel. It's with a legal organization that fights for the civil rights of Messianic Jews, living in Israel, that are being persecuted for their faith in Yeshua. Just sitting in my room, in the dark, in the middle of the night, reading about this opportunity on my computer, I began to cry. That's not normal. When's the last time you cried while reading about a legal internship online? Yeah, it doesn't happen everyday. But it happened that night, because I was coming face to face with my destiny. Yes, I really want to be a part of this organization and internship. I have a love for law, justice and government, but it's not so much about this particular internship as it is about the whole picture.

Over the course of this past year, God has really been speaking to me about the role He's calling me to play in the political world. I've always had a love for government. I made my mom take a picture of me on the first day I voted (an off year election), I watch Fox News for fun and I read Ronald Regan's auto-biography at age 16. I love it, but I never thought I could really pursue it. It always seemed just a little out of my league. I didn't feel adequate to be involved. But this year, Abba has been revealing to me that He's given me that passion for a reason - a reason that will ultimately further His Kingdom and bring glory to His name. I feel a new release and prompting to pursue what God has for me in the realm of politics. The past several months have brought prophetic words and pictures about God's call on me for government. He's been impressing it on me more and more, giving me the dreams of His heart for this sphere of influence and it all crescendoed that night in my room, crying with my laptop. It was like the Holy Spirit was saying, "Be encouraged dear one, there's a perfect fit for you. These are the desires I've placed in you. There are others who's heart burn for the same things your does." I just had this peace in my spirit and I knew that He was revealing the next step. He was making it a little clearer and shedding some light on how I should proceed. It was an amazing moment. In the days following this night, it seems as though things have been falling into place right and left. I feel like I have clear direction on how to fulfill the purposes that God has for me in my generation. He's done it in a beautiful way that gives Him glory, meets the desires of my heart and makes the more economic and practical sense than anything I could have come up with in my own. I have a five year plan. Crazy.

Now it's important to note that this is what I'm feeling God say right now, and the plans could change - God does that. But when I first felt God telling me that my pie in the sky dream to somehow be involved in politics wasn't so unrealistic, I didn't understand how it could ever work. I just kept thinking about how much school I was going to need and the timing and logistics. But I waited on the Lord, I laid it on the altar what felt like daily and committed my way to Him. And in the end, He gave it all back to me in the most perfect way. He is so faithful and capable.

I'm really excited about this next season and the plans that God is revealing. And He's showing my that the desires and passions that I have are placed in me, by Him, for His glory! What an awesome God we have! So what are your passions? What does your heart burn for? Chances are, it's not a coincidence. I believe that God wants us to enjoy the work that He's called us to. Ministry isn't more holy if you're miserable doing it... it's just miserable. Ask God how He wants you to use the gifts, passions and talents He's given you. Ask Him to bring you face to face with your destiny. It's pretty great.

0 comments:

Post a Comment