Monday, February 9

2 I'd Vision

This week has been so rich. I can't believe everything that God is already doing. I love truth so much, so when it comes and touches my heart, conforming it to God's, I am so delighted. I've caught myself tearing up a few times in class - it's just that God's goodness is so real to me and no matter how many times I hear and know in my head that He is good, it still baffles my heart. On Wednesday morning, in worship, God gave me a greater revelation of His heart for the Arab/Palestinian people. I've always had a heart for the Jewish people - it was easy for me to love them. I identify with them so strongly, because Jesus was Jewish, but the Palestinians, I had a harder time with. I would never have said that I didn't love them - I know better than that. God has a deep, heart love for them - I just couldn't fully grasp it. And I'm not sure that I fully do now, but I definitely have more!

God showed me, in a picture, His sadness as Hagar and Ishmael were sent out into the desert. He showed me His love for them. And He took me through history - showing me how His heart broke for both Isaac and Ishmael. Then He showed me Yeshua, when He was ministering in Israel and how He loved the descendants of Ishmael. For this conflict has been going on for millennia. When He addressed the crowds "My brothers..." it was to Jews and Arabs. Seeing His love for them in my mind's eye, penetrated me so deeply. I long for a greater two I'd vision. The two I's of Isaac and Ishmael.

I've known for so long that I was to be in the nations, but I've never known exactly where. I always say that I'll go wherever He tells me to. But, as I examined my heart, I realized that I was deceiving even myself. If I were to be really transparent, you would find in me, a deep fear of going to an Arab nation. I repented at that moment for not trusting my Abba and being truthful in my commitment to HIm. And I promised Him, "I'll go where you tell me to go." It was not that He wanted me to commit at that moment to spend the rest of my life in Syria or anything, He just clearly said that He wanted me to be completely open and surrendered to His will and plan for my life. And as I did that, He (in His great grace) gave me another picture. It was me, dressed in combat fatigues. He said, "It will not be easy. It will be a battle. But I equip those whom I call" And at that moment, He placed a strap of bullets over my shoulder and across my chest. I looked down, and written of every bullet was love, love, love, love. One after the other. If He does choose to place me in any nation, He will equip me with love for it.

I once heard a missions speaker say "All the easy places are taken." It's so true. If one day to God is a thousand years on the earth, we are truly in the last hours. The bridegroom IS coming back. Come Lord Jesus, do not terry! We long for you, and will do what ever it takes to hasten Your soon return.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW... this one really GOT me. When Hagar and Ishmael were sent away, I have honestly always thought: "Well GOOD, they were just in the way." I have never thought of God's heart for them -- and similarly, even though I know Jesus loves ALL those He created, I've never much considered His heart for the Palestinians.. and many of those in the Middle East.

I loved the vision you had of the bullets strapped over your chest... and of each one having the word LOVE across it.

And the missions speaker saying, "All the easy places are taken."

Wow, I'm GOT. LORD, take me deeper!

Wees said...

chealse that's awesome ...your rock
see u soon

Anonymous said...

"OH HOW WE WANT YOU TO COME! OH HOW WE WANT YOU TO COME! JUST COME! Your Spirit yearns with in me Your Spirit churns with in me, We long for Your return!"

Yes!! All the easy places are taken. I say lets go for the finish. We will die trying but our King will have His Kingdom!

I love you! Sweet Sis!!

Post a Comment